Comparing UAE Apple Store Prices with Saudi Arabia, USA
Rami Kayyali has compiled and compared the prices of products in the newly launched UAE Apple Store with the prices at the Apple US Store and Saudi Arabia’s distributors. The results are interesting even though the comparison does not include taxes nor custom rates.
UAE Apple Store vs Saudi Arabia Prices
By comparing UAE Apple Online Store with Arab Computers and iPhone from Mobily, STC we notice:
• UAE iPhone is %3.5 cheaper
• Saudi iPod is about %10 cheaper
• iPad 2 in Saudi is %2 cheaper except for some models
• MacBook Pro in Saudi is cheaper by 4-10%
• MacBook Air in Saudi is cheaper by 1-6% except the highest model which is more expensive by 2%
• iMac is cheaper in Saudi by 2%
UAE Apple Store vs USA Apple Store
Notes from comparing the UAE Online Apple Store with the United States Apple Store:
• All Macs: MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac, Mac Pro are 20% more expensive in the UAE
• iPad 2 in UAE is more expensive by 13%
• iPhone 4 is cheaper in UAE by 3%
• iPods in UAE are more expensive by 16%
We notice that the iPhone 4 is the only Apple product priced less in the UAE than the US. Apple should reduce the prices based on the local market.
One more note: iPad 2, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4 sold at the UAE Apple Store will end with model number AE so FaceTime (and possible iMessage) will be disabled.
The full spreadsheet is available on Google Docs.
You can find the author of this post on twitter: @khaled.
Arabic version of this post on SaudiMac Arabic Edition.
Remember to visit We Want Apple Saudi Arabia petition and spread the word.