Sparrow, a popular email/gmail client for Mac OS X, was updated today. The latest update include support for Facebook avatars, unified inbox and many improvements.
Sparrow 1.2 features are:
- Facebook friends profile pictures integration
- Add Facebook friends directly from Sparrow
- Unified Inbox
- Gravatar support
- Threading by subject
- New interface design
- Dock icon: compose new message on right click
- Free resizing of the message list
- Font preferences in compose window
- Preference to hide Inbox selection bar
- Account names appear faster on hover
- Localization in 8 languages: French – Chinese – Italian – Spanish – Russian – Dutch – German – Japanese
It also includes the following bug fixes:
- Icon bounce
- various calendar invite fix
- Text expander issue fix
- Fix for folder mapping
- Greek, Korean, Swedish text encoding
- Fix connection issue with Zoho
- Multiple copies of sent mail issue
- Hidden at start up fix
- Growl picture is now sender avatar
- Connection doctor
Sparrow 1.2 is available in the Mac App Store for $9.99.
Sparrow Lite 1.2 update was also released. The free, single account, app includes support for Facebook and Gravatar avatars as well as improved performance.
You can find the author of this post on twitter: @khaled.
Arabic version of this post on SaudiMac Arabic Edition.
Remember to visit We Want Apple Saudi Arabia petition and spread the word.