Apple has released the latest Mac OS X update. The update (Mac OS X 10.6.7) includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
â€¢ Improve the reliability of Back to My Mac
â€¢ Resolve an issue when transferring files to certain SMB servers
â€¢ Address various minor Mac App Store bugs
â€¢ As well as security updates.
The update also includes:
- Includes all the improvements in the previous Mac OS X v10.6.1, 10.6.2, 10.6.3, 10.6.4, 10.6.5, and 10.6.6 updates.
- Includes Safari 5.0.4.
- Includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
- For information about the security content of this update, please visit article HT1222.
- Resolves a window resizing issue with X-Plane 9 on Macs with ATI graphics
- Addresses an issue with MacBook Air (Mid 2010) computers that could cause a kernel panic.
- Address issues in the AirPort driver for certain devices.
- Improves brightness on external displays and projectors.
- Addresses an issue where DVD Player may display black video on some Macs using the 64-bit kernel.
- Addresses an issue with some NEC displays in which the screen may appear black when connected to a Mac Pro (Mid 2010).
- Resolves an issue in which some Multiple Master (MM) fonts were missing from Mac Pro (Mid 2010), MacBook Pro (15-inch & 17-inch Mid 2010), and iMac (Mid 2010) computers.
- Addresses various issues with MacBook Air (Mid 2010) computer performance.
- Resolves an issue in which clicking the Updates tab in the Mac App Store could cause the Mac App Store to become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem opening an afp:// URL that points to a file, and changes the AFP mount path to conform to previous Mac OS X releases. For details, see article HT4538.
- Includes the ability to repair certain issues that may prevent hardware RAID volumes from mounting. For more information, see article TS3631.
- Fixes a rare issue in Mac OS X v10.6.5 that could cause user accounts to disappear from the Login window and System Preferences after putting the system to sleep.
- Improves the reliability of dragging files or folders to the Trash when using an NFS home directory.
Apple also released an update for Mac OS X Server 10.6.7. The update includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for:
â€¢ properly displaying videos in Wiki pages that have special characters in their URL
â€¢ reliability of availability of Wikis after rebooting
â€¢ improved Wiki server cache verification
â€¢ reliability of Web Server restarts
â€¢ iChat Server now behaves correctly with .local domains
â€¢ reliability of capturing videos using Epiphan devices with Podcast Producer
â€¢ allowing correct display of 12 digit hardware serial number with Server Admin
To install the update click the Apple logo then choose Software Update.
Direct download links:
You can find the author of this post on twitter: @khaled.
Arabic version of this post on SaudiMac Arabic Edition.
Remember to visit We Want Apple Saudi Arabia petition and spread the word.