Saudi Telecom Company has started selling the iPhone 4 in Saudi Arabia and like we did with Mobily’s launch we provide this post to share your experiences with the launch. Make sure to share your experience, comments, photos in the comments.
Here are some comments from the Arabic post:
- STC employee claims that the initial shipment was 19,000 iPhones
- Only Basic plan is available for everyone, there are undisclosed conditions if you wanted to buy Extra or Premium packages. Mobily did that mistake too.
- iPhone 4 16GB sold out early
- You can issue a new phone number or apply the package on your current number
- There is an undisclosed termination penalty
- Earlier reservations were useless
STC now has their own Carrier Settings Update (STC 9.1), once you install it you cannot manually edit APN settings but they have been set for you. These settings include free tethering (USB and Bluetooth, Wi-Fi personal hotspot coming with iOS 4.3).
Here are some photos taken by @Tamerr from the Olaya STC branch last Sunday:
You can find the author of this post on twitter: @khaled.
Arabic version of this post on SaudiMac Arabic Edition.
Remember to visit We Want Apple Saudi Arabia petition and spread the word.