Google has released a Google Translate app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app supports voice input in 15 languages and translates between over 50 languages.
Google Translate’s features are:
- Translate text between 57 languages
- Translate by voice by speaking the text instead of typing it (15 languages)
- Listen to your translations spoken aloud (23 languages including Arabic)
- Display translations in full-screen mode to make it easier for others to read
- Star your favourite translations for quick access, even when youâ€™re offline
- Access your translation history, even when youâ€™re offline
- Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc.) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
- View additional dictionary results for single words or short phrases
Google Translate is a free app and is available in the App Store.
You can find the author of this post on twitter: @khaled.
Arabic version of this post on SaudiMac Arabic Edition.
Remember to visit We Want Apple Saudi Arabia petition and spread the word.