iOS 4.2 introduced many features including AirPrint which makes it easier to print directly from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
All you need to do is connect your iOS device to the same network as the AirPrint-enabled printer then choose print within the app. Many apps were updated to support AirPrint.
AirPrint is currently available on the following printers:
- HP Envy e-All-in-One series (D410a)
- HP Photosmart Plus e-AiO (B210a)
- HP Photosmart Premium e-AiO (C310a)
- HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-AiO (C410a)
- HP Photosmart e-AiO (D110)
- HP Photosmart eStation (C510)
- HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Color Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525n Color Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer
I don’t think these models has arrived in the Saudi market until now. There will be more printers added to the list with time and there is a rumor that Apple will add AirPrint support for older printers.
Did you find any of these printers in the Middle East?
You can find the author of this post on twitter: @khaled.
Arabic version of this post on SaudiMac Arabic Edition.
Remember to visit We Want Apple Saudi Arabia petition and spread the word.