Apple has posted a quick guide on how to set up the free Find My iPhone service provided with iOS 4.2. Find My iPhone is a MobileMe service that helps you locate missing or stolen iOS devices, an extremely useful and valuable service.
To create a free account you need an iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 or iPad running iOS 4.2. Here are the steps:
- Update to iOS 4.2
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Add Account, choose MobileMe
- Use your current Apple ID (iTunes Store account or Apple Online Store account). Or create a new one
- Make sure that you verify your email
- Under that MobileMe account you will see Find My iPhone, enable it and choose Allow
- To test it just go to me, login and locate your device
If you don’t own any of these devices and still want the free Find My iPhone service: find a friend who have an iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 or iPad and create the free account on their devices.[Via Apple’s website.]
Arabic version of this post on SaudiMac Arabic Edition.
Remember to visit We Want Apple Saudi Arabia petition and spread the word.