Mobily price plans for iPhone 3G
This post is about the older iPhone 3G, visit this page for price plans for the iPhone 3GS.
Update: We have verified these prices. You will pay the iPhone 3G price plus first month (99SR).
We received a copy of the internal memo sent to the staff of mobily about the business rules and the plans for the iPhone 3G :
iPhone General & Activation Business Rules:
1.There are two iPhone 3G Packages Prepaid & Postpaid with two phone capacities of 8GB and 16GB as follows:
- iPhone 3G 8GB Postpaid Package 99.
- iPhone 3G 16GB Postpaid Package 99.
- iPhone 3G 8GB Prepaid Package.
- iPhone 3G 16GB Prepaid Package.
2. MNP customers will be entitled for the packages.
3. The monthly free voice will be carried over for three months in the postpaid packages.
4. Minute Price after the utilizing the free minutes will be 0.30 SR/Minute for Postpaid Package and 0.55 SR/Minute for Prepaid Package. All normal price scheme for Mobily Products & Services will remain the same.
5. No carry over for the prepaid packages benefits.
6. Free minutes & SMS’s can be used by customers to Mobily and all other Networks.
7. Upon activation the customer will pay Device’s price and one monthly fee in advance.
8. Customer will pay the monthly fee for 12 months as contract period.
9. If the customer wish’s to terminate his line or port put during contract period he have to pay additional fees (Attached in the Guarantee Contract)
10. Data Packages will be added automatically on a monthly basis upon subscription.
11. After end of Contract period all iPhone Postpaid subscribers to be migrated by default to Khatty Plus.
12. After end of Contract period all iPhone Prepaid subscribers to be migrated by default to 7ala.
13. The device will not be sold as stand alone for the normal customer; however, it will be sold as stand alone for Mobily employees as special case.
- Package conversion from iPhone 3G to any other packages is not allowed during the contract period (6 months for the prepaid and 12 months for the postpaid).
- Package migration from normal packages to iPhone 3G is allowed.
- The existing RAQI subscribers will lose RAQI and VIP status upon migrating to iPhone 3G package. Moreover, the credit limit will be same as normal subscribers.
- The existing prepaid subscribers can migrate to iPhone 3G Prepaid or iPhone 3G Postpaid.
Based on the above it’s cheaper to get the unlocked version from the market and use it on any carrer for extra 300 SR. the only good thing about this is that you pay for the device in installments for 12 months.
UAE’s Etisalat is offering a better deal with a fully subsidized iPhone 3G at 0 AED and 500 to 2000MB data packages!